Sunday, July 22, 2012
Good And Bad About Birthdays
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.
This week's list is about all things Birthdays.
10 things I like and don't like about birthdays.
1. I love putting thought and effort into the perfect birthday gift for someone.
2. I don't like struggling to find any gift that someone might appreciate, when I'm blank for ideas.
Funny how I never can tell which way it's going to go.
3. I love making birthday cakes. For other people.
4. I don't really care much about eating cake. I'd rather have pumpkin pie.
I'm an October birthday.
5. I love an excuse for a party. Birthdays are perfect.
6. I don't like being the center of attention, so I don't like parties for me.
I know you don't believe that, since I have a blog that I practically beg you to come read.
7. Getting older means more aha moments, more wisdom, more life experience.
8. Getting older means more aches, more pains, more creaks and more things gravity has moved to new locations.
Ironic, isn't it?
9. I love the big birthdays: 16, 18, 21, 30. Yes, I liked 30.
10. I don't so much like all the rest that happen starting with 31... of which I've experience more than I care to count.